Choir book written in Spain, 1733
Choir book written in Spain, on parchment, including music for a mixture of masses and offices, square notation on staves of five red lines, bar lines, some painted initials:
- (fols. 1-10) sequence Dies Irae for All Souls Day;
- (fols. 10v-40, 41-42, 42v-44, 44v-46, 46v-52) offices for Christmas Day, Stephen, John the Evangelist, Holy Innocents, Name of Jesus and Epiphany;
- (fols. 55-63) Mass of the Passion;
- (fols. 63v-71) hymn for Lauds of Epiphany;
- (fols. 72-75) Mass of S. Aloysius Gonzaga;
- (fols. 76-77) introit for Mass of Ash Wednesday.
Pächt & Alexander iii, no. 1337.
- Creation: 1733
Language of Materials
MS. Lat. liturg. b. 15
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 47838.
Inscribed (fol. 1) 'Mando hacer este libro la Señora d. Beatriz Velasquez siendo Vicaria en este Convento de N. P. S. Bernardo. Año 1733'.
Blind-stamped calf over wooden boards, brass fittings, the front pastedown (now fol. i) parts of two leaves from a 15th-16th cent. gradual