Letters to Lowth, with drafts of some letters from him, 1729-1785, n.d.
Letters to Lowth, with drafts of some letters from him, including:
- (fols. 44-6) letters from Daniel Prince, 1776-7, with estimates for printing the second and third editions of Lowth's Life of William of Wykeham
- (fols. 97-112) drafts of letters to unidentified correspondents, n.d.
- (fols. 113-16) lists of persons receiving complimentary copies of works by Lowth, n.d.
- (fols. 117-23) letters from Christopher Pitt to Joseph Spence, including several pages of verse translations, 1726-7
- (fols. 124-39) commentary by Samuel Speed, 1766, on proposed reforms at Winchester College (enclosed with Speed's letter at fols. 74-5).
- Creation: 1729-1785, n.d.
Language of Materials
MS. Eng. lett. c. 574
Arranged alphabetically by correspondent.