Personal papers and correspondence of Barbara Pym and Hilary Walton, 1934-2003
- Five letters, thirteen postcards and one Christmas card from Barbara Pym to Miss Muriel Maby of Malvern, 1967-1979.
- Letters from Barbara Pym to various correspondents: two postcards to her parents, Cologne, Mar-Apr 1934; three letters and postcard to Mrs Monaghan Coombs, 1977-1978; and letter to Margaret Cathpole, 21 Mar 1975. Also postcard from Philip [Larkin], 9 Jul 1978.
- Letter to Barbara from Edward [?], n.d. and from the Royal Society of Literature regarding Fellowship, 5 Sep 1978.
- Large greetings card from Philip Larkin and Monica Jones to Barbara Pym on her 'SUPER-PUBLICATIONS' day, with sketch of 'Maschler' [15 Sep 1977].
- Letters to Barbara Pym from Hilary Walton, Athens, 1950-1971. With two loose colour photographs of women and children outside house, 15 Apr 1971.
- Papers of Hilary Pym: group photograph at the wedding of Hilary Pym and Alexander Crawford Wellesley Walton, Oatlands, Surrey, 26 Aug 1942; certified copy birth and marriage certificates for Hilary Crampton Pym; and copy of Decree Nisi Absolute (Divorce), 13 Aug 1949.
- Various letters received by Hilary Pym, 1948-2003. Writers include: Carleton Hobbs, 1 Jul 1969; Modwena Glover, 22 Mar 1975, with newspaper cuttings; Isobel Baylis (via Hazel Holt), Jun 1998; and Penelope Craig (Ann Allestree), 2001-2003 [closed]. One letter in Greek. Also includes change of address cards for Barbara and Hilary Pym, 6 Jul 1972.
- Miscellaneous loose items relating to Hilary Pym including: T.S. Eliot memorial account, 1973-1974; blank postcards; copy of article on Christian Mosaics in Libya by Richard Goodchild in The Illustrated London News, 14 Dec 1957; envelope of 'Tracings'; notes for 'Off the Record: Peter Scott', Jul 1968; address book of Greek contacts; order of thanksgiving service for Anna Instone, 11 Jul 1978; newspaper cuttings, 1968-1986; and colour print of William Holman Hunt's 'May Morning on Magdalen Tower, Oxford', 1891 .
1 box (8 folders)
Language of Materials
One letter in Greek.
Conditions Governing Access
Letters from Penelope Craig (Ann Allestree) are closed.