Printed articles and biographical information, 1934-1999
- Envelope containing transcripts of talks by Hilary Walton regarding Barbara Pym including: manuscript notes for talk to the P.E.N. Club, 16 Oct 1985; typescript copy interview of Hilary Walton by Rosemarie Reed, 1984, with covering letter; typescript copy of 'The Crampton Family' [talk given to St Hilda's college], 20 Aug 1993; typescript annotated and signed copy of 'Barbara Pym in Pimlico', 14 Feb 1996, with copy; and manuscript copy of 'Barbara Pym and the English Village' talk given to Finstock Local History Society, 10 Dec 1999.
- Typescript copy of written memories of Barbara Pym [by Robert Liddell], n.d., comprising of 'The Beginning' and 'A Note on Crampton Hodnet', and chapter on Barbara Pym and Jane Austen, n.d. [17 pages, numbering incorrect].
- Transcript copy of article by Robert J. Graham, 'Cumbered with Much Serving: Barbara Pym's Excellent Women', n.d. [article published in Mosaic: An Interdisciplinary Critical Journal, Vol.17, No.2 (Spring 1984), p.141-160].
- Envelope of 'Various Articles' including: abstract by Robert Smith of University of Pisa thesis by Tullia Blundo, 'The Narrative of Barbara Pym', 1977-1978, with copy; printed copy of article by Lotus Snow, 'The Trivial Round, the Common Task: Barbara Pym's Novels', in Research Studies, 48 (2), Jun 1980, p.83-93; printed copy of article by Anthony Kaufman, 'The Short Fiction of Barbara Pym', in Twentieth Century Literature, Vol.32, No.1, Spring 1986, p.50-77; copy of St Marylebone Parish Church monthly letter, Apr 1978; offprint of article by Janice Rossen, 'Love in the Great Libraries: Oxford in the work of Barbara Pym', in Journal of Modern Literature, Vol.12 No.2, Jul 1985, p.277-296; typescript article by Constance Malloy, 'The Quest for a Career' [published in D. Salwak (ed.), The Life and Work of Barbara Pym (London, 1987)]; typescript article by Robert Hunting, 'Jane Austen and the Anti-Heroic Tradition', n.d.; typescript article by Edith Larson, 'The Celebration of the Ordinary in Barbara Pym's Novels', n.d.; review of A Few Green Leaves by Gilbert Phelps, BBC World Service [Aug 1980]; untitled typescript essay by Margaret Bradham, n.d.; photograph of painting of Barbara Pym by Gloria Nardin, n.d.; photocopy of handwritten reminiscence of Barbara Pym by Clive Greenman, 'Genius and Talent' [1984-1985]; photocopy of typescript transcripts of article and 'Introduction' by Anne Tyler, n.d.; letter from Robert J. Graham regarding visit, 25 May 1984; copy of 'Essay: Images of Aging in the Novels of Barbara Pym' by Anne M. Wyatt-Brown, in Human Values & Aging Newsletter, Vol.6, No.3, Jan/Feb 1984, p.5-8; typescript article by Charles Burkhart, 'Text and Subtext in the Novels of Barbara Pym', Dec 1982; Mason Cooley, 'Barbara Pym (1913-1980)' in George Stade (ed), British Writers: Supplement 2 (New York, 1992), p.363-385; and typescript article, 'Barbara Pym and the Africans', by Charles Burkhart, n.d.
- Envelope of 'Biographical Notes (H.W.)', containing: list of Barbara Pym's Desert Island Discs, Jul 1978; list of popular music liked by Barbara Pym arranged by decade; list of Pym 'Juvenilia', 1981; photocopy of 'Battersea Rise' from E.M. Forster, Abinger Harvest , p.248-253; photocopy of notes by Hilary Walton on Barbara Pym's 'chronology', n.d. and notes on her life and their family, c.1988; documents relating to Barbara Pym's service in the Women's Royal Naval Service, 1944-1946; Hilary Walton's memories of Queen's Park 1960-1972, Apr 1987; 'Miscellaneous' notes, c.1986; photocopy of title page of 'The Magic Diamond'; newspaper cutting of University results [unknown publication], 1934; notes from Barbara Pym archive, boxes 84 and 87; typescript copies of two letters to 'Jock' from Barbara, 1938-1940 and photocopy of typescript copy of letter to Henry and Elsie Harvey, n.d. [early 1938]; and typescript reminiscences of Robert Liddell of Barbara Pym, Feb 1981.
Language of Materials