Three hundred and seventy-one letters or papers, chiefly addressed to Charles Kirkpatrick Sharpe, 1793-1846, with some earlier and later: P-Z, etc., Written in A.D. 1763-1872
Three hundred and seventy-one letters or papers, chiefly addressed to Charles Kirkpatrick Sharpe, 1793-1846, with some earlier and later: P-Z, etc. The collection is arranged in alphabetical order of writers' names, except as noted below, and the following are some of the chief names:
- Pitcairn, Robert (thirty-three), 1823-41 (fol. 17).
- Playfair, William (five), 1809-10 (fol. 82).
- Stevenson, John, bookseller (three), 1823-30 (fol. 182).
- Talbot of Malahide, Lord (four), 1846-7 (fol. 196).
- Thorpe, Thomas, the London bookseller (four), 1827-8 (fol. 205).
- Willoughby de Eresby, Lady, = Lady Gwydyr, née Drummond (ten), 1824-9 (fol. 233 of SC no. 33076).
- Zamoysky, count (eight, partly in French), 1821-9 (fol. 231).
- At fol. 248 is some miscellaneous correspondence, 1763-1872: including about twenty letters to miss J. Campbell of Newfield, 1793-1822 (fol. 260), and correspondence and notes of T. G. Stevenson relating to his publication of the Sempill Ballates, 1849-72 (fol. 314).
- Creation: Written in A.D. 1763-1872
Language of Materials
MS. Eng. misc. c. 41
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, no. 33077
13 7/8 × 9 1/2 in.