Three hundred and seventy-one letters or papers, chiefly addressed to Charles Kirkpatrick Sharpe, 1793-1846, with some earlier and later: A-O, Written in A.D. 1763-1872
Three hundred and seventy-one letters or papers, chiefly addressed to Charles Kirkpatrick Sharpe, 1793-1846, with some earlier and later: A-O: a list of them and account of each precedes, at fol. 2. The collection is arranged in alphabetical order of writers' names, except as noted below, and the following are some of the chief names:
- Alison, Sir Archibald (one), Sept. 6, 1822 (fol. 21).
- Allan, Sir William (five), 1833-6 (fol. 24).
- Ballantine, James (three), 1817 (fol. 37).
- Ballantine, John (three), 1819 (fol. 43).
- Bonomi, Joseph, the traveller (one), July 31, 1807 (fol. 56).
- Burton, John Hill (seven), 1840-5 (fol. 69).
- Constable, Archibald (sixteen), 1817-21 (fol. 96).
- Deuchar, Alexander (six), 1824-32 (fol. 142).
- Hamilton, Susan Euphemia, duchess of (nee Beckford) (five), 1816-24 (fol. 262).
- Innes, Cosmo (four), 1846 (fol. 315).
- Creation: Written in A.D. 1763-1872
Language of Materials
MS. Eng. misc. c. 40
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, no. 33076
13 7/8 × 9 1/2 in.