Journal and related notebooks of William Gilpin the younger, nos. 137 to 141, c. 1824-1827
The journal, in a series of notebooks numbered 1-158 (114-15, 119-20, 122, 124, 126, 128 and 130 missing), includes copies of many letters and sermons.
- (MS. Eng. misc. f. 328) No. 137, 120 pages.
- (MS. Eng. misc. f. 329) No. 138, 138 pages.
- (MS. Eng. misc. f. 330) Supplement to no. 138, 86 pages.
- (MS. Eng. misc. f. 331) No. 139, 103 pages.
- (MS. Eng. misc. f. 332) No. 140, 58 pages.
- (MS. Eng. misc. f. 333) No. 141, 104 pages.
- Creation: c. 1824-1827
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
To ensure its availability to future readers, access to part of this material is restricted. Readers are asked to work from reproductions and published descriptions as far as possible. To apply to see the original, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the subject of your research, the importance of this material to that research, and the resources you have already consulted. Please also tell us about the timeframe for your project, if any, and when you hope to visit.
MSS. Eng. misc. f. 328-333
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 42623-42628
- See My dearest Betsy, a self-portrait of William Gilpin from his letters and notebooks , ed. Peter Benson (London, 1981).
Mainly bound in blue/grey wrappers