A small collection of English historical papers, 1592-1718
A small collection of English historical papers; among them are:
- 'A declaracion of the true causes of the great troubles presupposed to be intended against the Realme of England ... 1592' (fol. 2), endorsed 'a slanderous inuectiue against the State and som partycular persons ...';
- the Queen's speech to the Speaker and eight score of the Commons on Nov. 30, 1601 (fol. 16);
- a copy of archbp. Laud's will, Jan. 13, 1643/4 (fol. 20);
- a case about the rights of sir Gilbert Dolben over (Thingdon or) Finedon manor in 1717, with Knightly D'Anvers' legal opinion, Feb. 26, 1717/8 (fol. 36);
- forms of special prayer, 17th century (fol. 54);
- the speech of the earl of Bristol to the House of Commons on July 1, 1663 (fol. 70);
- a criticism of Dr. (Peter) H(eylin)'s Aerius redivivus (or History of the Presbyterians), recommending that it be not published (fol. 74: the book was published at Oxford in 1670).
- Creation: 1592-1718
Language of Materials
MS. Add. C. 304b
In chronological order, bound in about 1890.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28187.