English historical pieces, Written in about 1570-1610 by various hands
English historical pieces:
- Fol. 11v. 'A briefe collection of the conspiracyes made by the Queene of Scottes against... the Queene of Englande :' apparently compiled 'longe since in... 1571', and now copied out by 'I. H.'
- Fol. 27. 'Practises to trouble her Majesties state', from intercepted letters, by Lawrence Tompson, servant to Secretary Walsingham
- Fol. 36. 'A learned exposition of certaine of Spencers verses, written by sir Kenelme Digby .'
- Fol. 48. Robert 'Johnson to King James' about the Crown Lands
- Fol. 89. A treatise on 'The Court of the Exchequer:' beg. 'It is said that this Court.'
- Fol. 118. 'Relatione del clarissimo Signore Marc Antonio Barbaro ritornato Bailo da Constantinopoli l' anno 1573.'
- Fol. 142. 'A Proiect against the Jesuits Schoole-hostages and League with Spaine, deliuered in a speech to Queene Elizabeth:' beg. '... Care, one of the naturall ... children ...'
- Fol. 157. 'Mr. Secretarye Cecill his Negotiacions in France', 1597
- Fol. 181. Characters of the Kings of England, from Will. I to Elizabeth: beg. 'William Duke of Normandy.'
- Fol. 200. 'The arraygnement of the Earle of Northumberland', 23 June, 1606, in the Star Chamber
- Creation: Written in about 1570-1610 by various hands
Language of Materials
MS. Perrott 7
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 9772