Another MS. of the same chronicle of England as is contained in MS. Bodl. 754, but ending with the taking of Rouen in Jan. 1418/9, written in about 1420-1430
- Creation: written in about 1420-1430
Language of Materials
MS. Bodl. 840
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 27654.
Various scribblings show that the volume belonged to the following persons in the second half of the 16th cent. and the early part of the 17th century:
- Thomas Henworth of Chelmsford (fols. 53, 74, 123, 164v);
- William Henworth of Chelmsford (fol. 120v, 124);
- Thomas Wallinger of Chelmsford and London (fols. 124, 142v);
- and perhaps others (see fols. 52, 134-6, 138, 142v, 161, 165v).
On parchment, with coloured capitals, etc.