Manuscrit containing parts of several of Bishop Burnet's works, made up of several MSS. written in about 1675-1725
MS. Add. D. 22
Held at the Weston Library
Manuscrit containing parts of several of Bishop Burnet's works:
- (fol. 1). Parts of Bishop Burnet's Abridgement of his History of the Reformation, the author's autograph, as in the Oxford ed. of 1808, pp. 48-160.
- (fols. 57, 69). Part of Burnet's Pastoral Care, the author's autograph, as in the 1692 ed., pp. 215 - 243.
- (fols. 63, 70). A few leaves of his History of the Reformation, including the Addenda to the first volume in the folio editions, the author's autograph.
- (fol. 73). A considerable part of his History of the Reformation copied out for the press in about 1678 by a Mr. Angus and corrected by the author, containing nearly all that is in pp. 1 - 555 of vol. i of the Oxford edition.
- (fol. 318). The first part of the Abridgement, as art. 1 above, copied out for the press and corrected by the author, extending as far as p. 34 of the Oxford edition, with one break.
At the end are a short extract from Burnet's Reformation and a note, both in Antony Wood's hand (fol. 336): and also (fol. 337) some extracts from, and abridgements of, Burnet's History of my own Time, which are properly part of Dr. Martin Lister's collection (see p. 93 above).
- made up of several MSS. written in about 1675-1725
Language of Materials
MS. Add. D. 22
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28393.