Hearne 'Usserii Collectaneorum' vol. 6, written in the first half of the 17th century chiefly by Archbishop Ussher
Miscellaneous historical collections, made by Ussher, among which are:
- (fol. 1v) 'Psalterium ex Hebraico ad verbum translatum: descripturn ex vetere MS° Collegij S. Trinitatis Cantabrig.', chiefly in a scribe's hand;
- (fol. 80, cf. 160) Chronological excerpts, chiefly about the date of Easter, including a list of ancient works on Easter;
- (fol. 115) Excerpts relating to English bishoprics in Anglo-Saxon times;
- (fol. 119) A Latin translation of Sir Thomas Bodley's autobiography, in a scribe's hand;
- (fol. 124) Excerpts from MSS. of Hero of Alexandria and other authors, chiefly geometrical and astronomical;
- (fol. 163b) 'In the Earle of Warwicks librarye', a list of 16 MSS. and printed books (the latest is dated 1603);
- (fol. 173b) 'Postrema pars Chronici Mariani Scoti, MS. in Bibliothecâ Cottonianâ', A.D. 900-1087;
- (fol. 181) Notes 'from Mr [John] Greaves' on the foot and other short measures of length in various times and places.
A list of contents by J. Tyrrell is at fol. 184.
- Creation: written in the first half of the 17th century chiefly by Archbishop Ussher
Language of Materials
MS. Add. A. 379
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 27615.