Hearne 'Usserii Collectaneorum' vol. 6, written in the first half of the 17th century chiefly by Archbishop Ussher
MS. Add. A. 379
Held at the Weston Library
Miscellaneous historical collections, made by Ussher, among which are:
- (fol. 1v) 'Psalterium ex Hebraico ad verbum translatum: descripturn ex vetere MS° Collegij S. Trinitatis Cantabrig.', chiefly in a scribe's hand;
- (fol. 80, cf. 160) Chronological excerpts, chiefly about the date of Easter, including a list of ancient works on Easter;
- (fol. 115) Excerpts relating to English bishoprics in Anglo-Saxon times;
- (fol. 119) A Latin translation of Sir Thomas Bodley's autobiography, in a scribe's hand;
- (fol. 124) Excerpts from MSS. of Hero of Alexandria and other authors, chiefly geometrical and astronomical;
- (fol. 163b) 'In the Earle of Warwicks librarye', a list of 16 MSS. and printed books (the latest is dated 1603);
- (fol. 173b) 'Postrema pars Chronici Mariani Scoti, MS. in Bibliothecâ Cottonianâ', A.D. 900-1087;
- (fol. 181) Notes 'from Mr [John] Greaves' on the foot and other short measures of length in various times and places.
A list of contents by J. Tyrrell is at fol. 184.
- written in the first half of the 17th century chiefly by Archbishop Ussher
Language of Materials
MS. Add. A. 379
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 27615.