Alphabetical verbal indexes to Greek classical authors, written in 1764-1768
Alphabetical verbal indexes to Greek classical authors:
- Gabrias, i.e. Babrius (Μύθοι: fol. 3);
- Hanno (Пερίπλους, Oxon. 1698: fol. 21);
- Hierocles (Пερί προνοίας, Lond. 1673, by Richardson Wood, 1765, in two parts: fol. 31);
- Hierocles (Fragmenta, Lond. 1673, by John Douglas, in two parts: fol. 108);
- Mith ridates and Brutus (Letters, 1597, by Robert Jenner and John Chapman, 1767, in three parts: fol. 172);
- Secundus (Гνώμαι, ed. J. A, Fabricius: fol. 248);
- Пερί τού ҆Επισταλτικού Χαρακτήpos (1597, by Arthur Jones and Hen. Quartlcy, 1768: fol. 276).
At fol. 327 follow two Latin rhetorical exercises, one on Virgil's Aen. i, the other entitled 'Oratio Ajacis': probably part of the D'Orville MSS.
- Creation: written in 1764-1768
Language of Materials
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
MS. Auct. V. 1 subt. 28
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 27999.