Abingdon notes, Written about A.D. 1880-1900
Abingdon notes, among which are:
- Extracts from Public Record Office documents (fol. 1a)
- Abingdon Chamberlains' accounts, 1557-81 (fol. 4)
- Town Registers, 1598-1840 (fol. 22), etc.
- A list of mayors, 1556-1842 is at fol. 100
- At fol. 119 begin Berkshire county notes with pedigrees, as of Saxton (fols. 156, 164a)
The amount of original work is not large.
- Creation: Written about A.D. 1880-1900
Language of Materials
MS. Top. Berks c. 20
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, no. 35166