Letters and papers chiefly addressed to Edmond Malone, A-J, written in 1792-1811
Letters and papers chiefly addressed to Edmond Malone, 1792-1811, in alphabetical order of writers' names. The chief correspondents in this volume are:
- Bankes, sir Joseph, one, June 1, 1808;
- Barrow, sir John, two, 1807;
- Bindley, James, forty, 1798-1811;
- Boswell, James, one, Nov. 6, 1809;
- Burney, Charles, sixteen, 1802-1810;
- Dibdin, Thomas Frognal, four, 1809-1810;
- Egremont, earl of, five, 1806-1810;
- Gutch, John, two, 1806;
- Jephson, Richard Mountney, eleven, 1792-1807.
Notes by Malone himself will be found at fol. 196.
- Creation: written in 1792-1811
Language of Materials
MS. Malone 38
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28441.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
It is probable that part of the contents of this volume came to the Library in 1878.