Collections relating to Lancashire, written in 1757-1780 by J. Watson
'Collections relating to Lancashire, J. Watson, 1757', comprising copies of various deeds, lists, etc.:
- a list of sheriffs, 1165-79 (pp. 8, 51);
- the bounds of Rochdale parish (p. 17);
- a list of Watson's own Lancashire deeds, 1758 (p. 19);
- a history of the county Palatine and dukedom of Lancaster, from a MS. (p. 43);
- an account of Liverpool, from the same MS. (p. 55);
- two Lancashire ballads ('Song of Tarquin', p. 161, and one in praise of William, lord Derby, d. 1642, p. 167).
- a drawing of Windleshaw chapel, A.D. 1780 (p. 163), and the like.
There is an index on pp. 189-91.
- Creation: written in 1757-1780 by J. Watson
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Top. Lancashire c. 3
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 25566.
Watson coll. vol. no. 5.
13 × 8 3/8 in.