Common-place book of Dr. Samuel Pegge the elder: Extracts, notes and correspondence, vol IV, written chiefly in about 1750-1790 by Samuel Pegge
Extracts, notes and correspondence chiefly relating to English history and archcæology, quite miscellaneous in character and incapable of summary treatment; but each volume has a list of contents prefixed. There are also many original papers, among which are letters from:
- a memoir of Lawrence Nowell (d. 1576) by Dr. Pegge, 1768 (p. 85), with other papers read before the Society of Antiquaries;
- a memoir of bp. Accepted Frewen, by Pegge (p. 267);
- papers by and about' Dr. John Byrom (p. 367);
- a dialogue in Lincolnshire dialect by B. Ray (p. 527);
- copious notes on the Boyle family (p. 560) and MSS. (p. 615).
- Creation: written chiefly in about 1750-1790 by Samuel Pegge
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Add. C. 245
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28088.
13 1/2 × 9 in.