Treatises and papers about deprived ministers and non-conformity, chiefly copies by Jeremy Stephens, Written chiefly in about 1660
Treatises and papers about deprived ministers and non-conformity, chiefly copies by Jeremy Stephens, among which are:
- Fol. 2. 'A reply to mr. Baxter touching the sequestracion of ministers ..., by John Sanford, J. C.': list of contents and part of preface only, with perhaps other fragments
- Fol. 10. 'A discourse taken out of a booke printed (1605) by a minister deprived by the Bishops: wherein is confessed the ... proceedings of Archbp Bancroft & the rest of the BPS . by John Sanford J. C. 1652.'
- Fol. 91. 'An answer to the speech of John White made in parliament 1641 against the Clergy, by Possevantius Anglicanus': beg. 'Salomon said, the memory of the just.'
- Fol. 118. Biographical notes of various laymen and clergy
- Fol. 156. Original correspondence and papers of Jeremy Stephens of All Souls college, Oxford, in the first half of the 17th cent.: including one (fol. 188) from bp. Barlow, March '1655.'
- Creation: Written chiefly in about 1660
Language of Materials
MS. J. Walker c. 9
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10867
12 7/8 × 8 1/4 in.