Collations of Greek MSS. (9th year) of the Septuagint made for Dr. Robert Holmes, deposited in the Bodleian in March 1797, Written chiefly in 1796-1797
Collations of Greek MSS. (9th year) of the Septuagint made for Dr. Robert Holmes, deposited in the Bodleian in March 1797:
- Fol. 1. Gen. xxxiii. 1-Ex. xv. 21 in a printed Slavonic version.
- Fol. 15. Ex. in MSS. Laud A. 146 and 147 (Arabic).
- Fol. 37. Ex. i-xxviii. 30 in an Armenian MS. at Rome.
- Fol. 43. Deut. in MS. Laud A. 182 (Arabic, = Uri Christ.-Arab. 1).
- Fol. 63. Gen. ii. 4-Num. in MS. Laud A. 182 (Arabic).
- Fols. 131, 156. Ecclus. i (in Vienna 15 = Inf. Bibl., arm. 1, no. 55, Vat. 1), Prov. xxv (do.); Hab. i-ii, Baruch (in Vienna Gr. Theol. plut. 2, no. 17), Ruth (in no. 28), Is. xv-xvi, and parts of Eccles., Song of Songs, Hab., Job, Is., Psal. in certain manuscript commentaries at Vienna.
- Fol. 145. Kings in no. 70 (Aug. Vindel).
- Creation: Written chiefly in 1796-1797
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
MS. Holmes 90
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 16544
13-14 x9 in.