Miscellaneous poetry, generally with the authors' names, written in about the middle of the 17th cent.
For a full list of the pieces see the 1836 Catalogue. The authors are:
- A (psley), P., pp. 41, etc. Beaumont, Francis, p. 54, etc. Berk, M., p. 17.
- Carew, T., p. 45.
- Champneys, H., p. 99.
- Earle, John, p. 29.
- Falkland, Lucius Cary visc., p. 15.
- Godolphin, Sidney (d. 1642/3), p. 1, et passim.
- Killigrew, H., p. 71.
- Mennesse, J., p. 10.
- Murray, John, p. 38.
- Townsend, An., p. 51, etc.
- Waller, Edm., p. 12 et saepe.
- Wotton, sir Henry, p. 11.
The writing changes at p. 91: pp. 104-290 are blank.
- Creation: written in about the middle of the 17th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Malone 13
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 20561
7 3/4 × 5 5/8 in.