Various papers relating to the Office of the Inquisition at Rome in the 17th century, written late in the 17th century in Italy
MS. Mendham 36
Various papers relating to the Office of the Inquisition at Rome in the 17th century, among which are:
- (fol. 1). 'Pratica per procedere nelle Cause del S. Officio', in two parts (see foll. 45, 59), with a table of the 35 chapters: the first beg. 'Le cause del Santo Officio o sono d'Heresia.'.
- Copies of Italian letters from the Inquisition to card. Hieronymo Grimaldi, 1643 (fol. 99b): to the Ordinaries (fol. 101v): to card. Francesco Albizi (injured: fol. 114).
- (fol. 128). 'Breue et reale Relazione della morte delli signori ... Astore Coppoli ... [etc.]. 8 Settemb. 1600.'.
- Accounts of trials for heresy of Gioseppe Francesco Borri", 1661 (fol. 136, cf. 159), Antonio Rossi, 1679 (fol. 170), Cristina a Dominican nun, 1680 (fol. 188), Michele Molinos (foll. 194, 230), Simone Lioni Ambrosino (?) (fol. 232).
- written late in the 17th century in Italy
Language of Materials
MS. Mendham 36
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 24429.
In the Guildford sale, 1830, part of lot 191, and with the Guildford bookplate, as MS. Mendham 2.
11 1/2 × 8 1/4 in.