Letters addressed to Dr. Martin Lister, chiefly on scientific subjects, written in 1671-1710
MS. Lister 35
Held in our offsite storage facility
Letters addressed to Dr. Martin Lister, chiefly on scientific subjects, 1671-1710; the volume contains nearly complete indexes of writers and subjects, and also a list of the papers in the Philosophical Transactions referred to in the letters. The chief writers are:
- Aston, Francis, 1681-1709 (fol. 45, etc.);
- Bulkeley, sir Richard, 1686-1707 (fol. 116, etc.);
- Cole, William, 1683-1695 (fol. 99);
- Grew, Nehemiah, 1673-1681 (fol. 49, etc.);
- Hooke, Robert, 1678-1682 (fol. 65);
- Jessopp, Francis, 1673-1693 (fol. 19, etc.);
- Johnston, N., 1672-1676 (fol. 9, etc.);
- Musgrave, William, 1683-1709 (fol. 92, etc.);
- Peck, John, 1667-1681 (fol. 47);
- Pepys, Samuel, 1685 (fol. 105);
- Plot, Robert, 1682-1685 (fol. 60, etc.);
- Robinson, Tancred, 1683-1710 (fol. 89, etc.);
- Townes, Thomas, 1674-1675 (fol. 22, etc.).
- written in 1671-1710
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Lister 35
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 25264.
Presented by Dr. George Fothergill to the Ashmolean Museum on March 16, 1759: see the Register of Convocation for April 14 of that year.
13 5/8 × 8 3/4 in.