Letters addressed to Dr. Martin Lister, chiefly on scientific subjects, written in 1671-1710
Letters addressed to Dr. Martin Lister, chiefly on scientific subjects, 1671-1710; the volume contains a nearly complete index of writers and subjects, and also a list of the papers in the Philosophical Transactions referred to in the letters. The chief writers are:
- Brooke, John, 1671-1673 (fol. 14, etc.);
- Grew, Nehemiah, 1673-1681 (fol. 128);
- Hooke, Robert, 1678-1682 (fol. 201);
- Jessopp, Francis, 1673-1693 (fol. 85, etc.);
- Lister, Martin: draughts of letters from him, 1664-1683, etc. (fol. 71);
- Lodge, William, 1673-1674 (fol. 81, etc.);
- Oldenburg, Henry, 1671-1676 (fol. 1, etc.);
- Webster, John, 1674 (fol. 45, etc.).
At fol. 51 etc. are notes of the proceedings of the Royal Society on Feb. 19, 1672/3- June 4, 1673.
- Creation: written in 1671-1710
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Lister 34
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 25263.
Presented by Dr. George Fothergill to the Ashmolean Museum on March 16, 1759: see the Register of Convocation for April 14 of that year.
13 5/8 × 8 3/4 in.