Papers, notes, and extracts by, or owned by, Dr. Martin Lister, written in about 1660-1710
MS. Lister 5
Held in our offsite storage facility
Papers, notes, and extracts by, or owned by, Dr. Martin Lister, about 1660-1710, chiefly on natural science, medicine or botany, among which are:
- (fol. 1v) indenture of apprenticeship between the Overseers of the poor of Flasby in Yorkshire and Dr. Lister, about Robert Smith, Sept. 19, 1690;
- (fol. 3) papers about precious stones;
- (fol. 17) notes of, or advice for, medical cases;
- (fol. 35) cooking recipes;
- (fol. 61) notes on the Stoic philosophy;
- (fols. 87, 118) papers relating to the Historia Conchyliorum;
- (fol. 99) papers relating to spiders;
- (fol. 102) 'Test flower bulbes and roots in my Garden at Epsome, 1704';
- (fol. 115) papers on medicated waters;
- (fols. 133, 138, 160) lists of books and engravings;
- (fol. 217) Personal memoirs of Lister's visit to Montpellier in 1664-1665.
- written in about 1660-1710
Language of Materials
MS. Lister 5
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 25233.
12 7/8 × 9 5/8 in.