Miscellaneous papers, not written by Bradley, Written in 1732-1766
MS. Bradley 47
Miscellaneous papers, not written by Bradley, the chief of which are:
- Fol. 2. Astronomical observations, 1742-62
- Fol. 39. Diagrams of the comets of Feb.-Mar. 1741/2 and (fol. 48) of Apr. 1748
- Fol. 54. 'Methodes pour trouver les Longitudes en mer': beg. 'Si les corps cælestes nous fournissent.'
- Fol. 63. A method of finding a meridian line by shadows, by James Fynes of Magdalen College, Oxford (1755 ?)
- Fol. 79. 'An essay on the Sun's Parallax', by Will. Miles, 16 Dec. 1742
- Fol. 92. Papers by Rich. Green about an instrument for measuring angles and distances, 1759
- Fol. 99. 'Augmentum gravitatis Londinum inter & Upsaliam ex motu Penduli isochroni determinatum ab Andrea Celsio Astr. Prof. Upsal.', 1743 (?)
- Fol. 126. 'A calculation of the solar eclipse, Augst. 5th, 1766, for Greenwich.'
- Fol. 144. Letters from M. Raper, 26 Aug. 1753, and (fol. 146) the earl of Macclesfield, 23 Dec. 1743
- Fol. 150. 'Observations made on board the Chatham yacht Aug. 30 & 31 & Septr. 1, 1732 ...', by John Hadley (?)
- Fol. 152. 'Observations on the Comet 1743/4 at Philadelphia.'
- Written in 1732-1766
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Bradley 47
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 16453
13 1/2 × 9 1/2 in.