Copies by the rev. James Pound of reports and journals of himself and others relating to the East Indies, Written in about 1705 by J. Pound
MS. Bradley 24
Held in our offsite storage facility
Copies by the rev. James Pound of reports and journals of himself and others relating to the East Indies, where mr. Pound seems to have been acting as chaplain, in 1705 :
- P. ix. A chart of the soundings round Pulo Condore
- P. 1. 'A Copy of a Letter [by J. Pound] to the ... Court of Managers for the Affairs of the ... Company trading to the East Indies, sent from Batavia the 2nd of May 1705 ...'
- P. 11. 'A Journal in the sloop Rose from Pulo Condore toward Malacca etc. [4 Mar.-18 Apr.] 1705', followed (p. 33) by accounts of Batavia and adjacent parts, including Madras. Pp. 25-26 are lost
- P. 57. 'A Narration of Mr Samuel Glover and Mr Andrew Goodman concerning their Voyage from Madras to Succadana ... 1699', followed (p. 73) by tables of merchandise, and accounts of Mocha, Succadana (1703), Delagoa Bay, etc.
- P. 100. A journal of a voyage from Batavia to Malacca, 10 July-Nov. 1705, with accounts of places. This includes some scientific observations
- P. 149. 'A Diary relating to the Transactions at Condore etc. kept by Mr Ambrose Baldwyn', 2 Mar. 1704-20 July 1705; followed by a letter from James Cunningham, 4 May 1705
- Written in about 1705 by J. Pound
Language of Materials
MS. Bradley 24
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 16428
(rev. James Pound), now among the Bradley MSS., was purchased in this year for 10s 6d.
12 3/4 × 8 1/4 in.