Part of an Old Testament in Dutch, Written in the 15th century in the Netherlands
Part of an Old Testament in Dutch, with Dutch commentary, comprising:
- Fol. 2. the book of Joshua, rubric: '[End hier beghint Josue] boec dat erste capitel', commentary beg. 'Indien dat hi seit Moyses'
- Fol. 35. the book of Tobit, preface beg. 'Die hystorie van Thobien begonste doe die je gheslachste van Israel'
- Fol. 47v. the book of Ruth, commentary beg. 'Al staet hier Bethleem'
- Fol. 53. the book of Judith, commentary beg. 'Men sol nieten dat Cyrus doe hi leef de Cambises
- Fol. 70v. the book of Esther, commentary beg. 'Assuerus maecte dele werscap'
The paper bears as watermark an ox's head with star. Fol. 1v has in a hand somewhat later than the text 'Dit bueck hoert toe den besloten susteren tot sinte Marien born in willenoeshens straet', and in Marshall's hand, 'Pretium Re: 8'.
- Creation: Written in the 15th century in the Netherlands
Language of Materials
- Dutch; Flemish
MS. Marshall 90
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 5294
On paper, in double columns. Binding, stamped brown calf, Oxford work of about 1690, with rubrics clipped in binding
7 1/2 × 5 3/8 in.