Collection of two Latin items, Made up of two MSS. written (A) in the 12th and (B) 15th century
A. Fol. 1v. Lectionary from Low Sunday to the 24th Sunday after Trinity, being chiefly homilies from Bede and Gregory, and also from Leo, Jerome, bishop John [? Chrysostom], and Origen: text beg. 'In illo tempore, cum sero esset'.
There are also some 13th-cent. Latin benedictions on fol. 1.
B. Fol. 89. Lections in various 15th-cent. hands, originally fols. 160, 163-81 of a legendary from the abbey of Soignies in Flanders (see fol. 105):
- Fol. 89. 'Homilia de Ewangelistis'
- Fol. 89v. 'Homilia de quatuor doctoribus'
- Fol. 96. nine lections 'in festo visitationis beate Marie virginis'
- Fol. 94v. three lections from Augustine 'de lancea domini'
- Fol. 95. six lections 'de sancto Anthonio'
- Fol. 97. nine lections 'de transfiguratione ... Ihesu Christi'
- Fol. 99. lections 'de beata Maria Magdalena'
- Fol. 100. lections 'feria sexta quatuor temporum post festum crucis', with a late addition at end
- Fol. 103. sermon on the Transfiguration, beg. 'Queritur quomodo post dies sex'
- Fol. 103v. three lections 'beati Vincentii confessoris, patris sancti Dentlini', and three lections 'de sancto Vlderico'
- Fol. 104. nine lections 'de sancto Dentlino'
- Fol. 106. three lections 'de doctoribus'
- Creation: Made up of two MSS. written (A) in the 12th and (B) 15th century
Language of Materials
MS. Marshall 4
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 5252
- See also H. Schenkl, Bibl. Pat. Lat . (1891), p. 51.
On parchment, bound in stiff white parchment, 17th-cent. work, illuminated initials, with grotesques at fols. 17, 18v, 22, 25v, 62v, 69v
14 1/2 × 10 1/2 in.