Collection of five Latin and Greek items, Written about A.D. 1700 by F. Cherry
MS. Cherry 24
- Fol. 6. Two letters from Michael patriarch of Constantinople to Petrus patriarch of Antioch, in Greek: with an edict of Michael's: in Greek: all have been printed. From a Vienna MS., through Ash and Seller
- Fol. 16. Letters of Is. Vossius, etc., in Latin. Copies obtained through Beverland and Dodwell
- Fol. 18v. Letter from card. Noris to Dr. Dodwell, 2 July, 1697, in Latin
- Fol. 19. 'Incipit libellus calcularie artis Elbrici, ... script, anno 975: e bibliotheca Bishamiensi.'
- Fol. 26. 'Compotus ecclesiasticus secundum Augustinum', etc., and (fol. 37v) a Latin poem on the rising under Wat Tyler and Jack Straw, 1381 (beg. 'Pro dolor ! accrevit': printed in a longer form in Wright's Political Poems, i. 227 [E.W.B.N.]), both from the same MS. as art. 4 (fols. 40-end are blank)
Binding as MS. Cherry 9.
- Written about A.D. 1700 by F. Cherry
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
- Greek, Modern (1453-)
MS. Cherry 24
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 9798
9 3/8 × 7 1/2 in.