Collection of seven Latin and English items, Written in about 1697 by different hands
MS. Cherry 19
- Fol. 2. Frith's Catalogus Decanorum et Canonicorum Collegii de Windsor', 1625, transcribed in about 1697 by M. Holden from White Kennett's transcript of a Barlow MS. in the Bodleian: worm-eaten
- Fol. 30. Latin extracts from MS. Laud Misc. 674 (English history)
- Fol. 38v. 'Determinatio ... Doctoris [Samuelis] Ward professoris pro dnâ Margareta in Comitiis [Cantabrigiensibus] ann. 1637 mense Octob.', a transcript from the original once in archbp. Ussher's hands, made in 1697, a Latin Essay on the Potestas clavium
- Fol. 48. 'Sententia dris Andrews episcopi Wintoniensis de Articulis Lambethanis etc.'
- Fol. 56. Dr Sanderson's Letter to bp. Barlow, 28 Sept. 1656
- Fol. 60. An account of archbp. Ussher's views on Justification
- Fol. 64. 'Epistola S. Columbani . ad quosdam episcopos
Galliæ ... super quæstionem Paschæ', from a transcript sent by archbp. Ussher to bp. Barlow.
- Written in about 1697 by different hands
Language of Materials
Latin , English
MS. Cherry 19
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 9793
8 3/8 × 6 3/8 in.