Six 'Relazioni' of Venetian ambassadors, written in A. D. 1609
Six 'Relazioni' of Venetian ambassadors
- (fol. 1) by Niccolo Tiepolo, about the Empire of Charles v, emperor of Germany, king of Spain, the Netherlands, Lombardy, etc., 1532: no author is given in the MS.
- (fol. 75) by Michiele Surriano, also on the empire of Charles v, 1557.
- (fol. 138) by Martino Giustiniano, about France, in about 1545.
- (fol. 166) by Andrea Boldù, about Savoy, 1561: attributed also to Giov. Corraro and Bertuccio Valiero: no author or date is in the volume.
- (fol. 209) by Vincenzo Fedeli, about Florence and Tuscany, 1561: no author or date is given.
- (fol. 262) by Domenico Trevisano, about Turkey, 1554: the author is not given.
The date of writing Jan. 2, 1609, is on fol. 326v.
- Creation: written in A. D. 1609
Language of Materials
MS. Add. A. 28
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 24771.
'Ex libris domini l'hilippi Janiti [first three letters doubtful] principis Co...', a faded entry of about A.D. 1700, on fol. 1.
Catalogue of the ... collection of Splendid Manuscripts ... formed by M. Guglielmo Libri 1859 no. 1034*.
9 3/8 × 73/8 in.