Collations of parts of Josephus, written in the 17th and 18th century
Collations of parts of Josephus, made up of four MSS.:
- (fol. 1) (late 17th century?) Περί τού Ίουδαίκού Πολέμου and κατά Άπίωνος, in the Florence MS. Laurentian, plut. 69, cod. 19 (or a copy of it) with the editions of 1611 (Geneva) and 1544 (Bâle);
- (fol. 83) (late 17th century?) Ίουδαίkή Άρχαιολογία, lib. 1, capp. 1-4 in a Vatican MS. 984 in quarto minori, with the 1611 (Geneva) edition, by Philippus Rulaeus;
- (fol. 88) (A.D. 1596) The same, libb. 1-10, in a Vienna MS. (partis v, no. 20, in the Catalogue of Greek MSS. at Vienna, 1690) which once belonged to Sambucus, with the 1691 (Cologne) edition, made Feb. 5-21, 1595/6 (see fol. 126v), and according to the Libri Catalogue by Laurenz Theodor Gronovius, which is impossible;
- (fol. 132) (18th century) The same, libb. xii, capp. 1-2, and i, capp. 1-13, in a Vossian MS. at Leydcn (p. 395, no. 72, in the Catalogue of 1716), with the 1726 (Amsterdam) edition, stated in a 19th century note on fol. 131 to be by Abraham Gronovius (d. 1775). A few critical notes on Josepbus on fols. 146-7 are similarly stated to be by Jacobus Gronovius (d. 1716).
- Creation: written in the 17th and 18th century
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
MS. Auct. T. 5. 29
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 24727.
Catalogue of the ... collection of Splendid Manuscripts ... formed by M. Guglielmo Libri 1859 no. 555*
8 3/4 × 6 7/8 in.