Northamptonshire collections, Written in 1718-1723
Northamptonshire collections, among which are:
- P. 1. Institutions to livings, 1541-73.
- P. 57. Extracts from records of the Office of Firstfruits, 1594-1651.
- Pp. 117, 143. Eight letters from J. Sparke to Bridges, 1718-20.
- P. 157. Some notes on the bishops and deans of Peterborough.
- P. 167. Notes on Aldwinkle.
- P. 179. A letter from Francis Peck to Bridges, 31 Jan. 1722/3.
- P. 267. A list of the deeds in the Peterborough Cartulary (MS. Cotton Cleop. C. 1): at p. 531 are some extracts from it.
- P. 289a. Notes relating to Lamport, with Trussell and Isham pedigrees, to Aynho (p. 309: there are letters of J. Wasse of Aynho, 1720/1-23, at pp. 115, 177), to Bradden (p. 461) and Slapton (p. 471).
- P. 425. Some notes on Peterborough abbey: cf. MS. Top. Northants c. 19, pp. 69, 187, 249.
- P. 441. A catalogue of the Hatton MSS. at Kirby hall, A. D. 1722.
- P. 483. General notes on the county.
- P. 519. Extracts from MS. Cotton Vesp. B. 11, about the abbots of Croyland.
- P. 583. Lists of Sheriffs of the county, 1155-1458, 1640-1713.
An index to part of the volume follows.
- Creation: Written in 1718-1723
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Top. Northants c. 17
Bridges' Northamptonshire MSS. R. 17
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 16634
13 × 8 1/2 in.