Northamptonshire collections, Written in about 1720
Northamptonshire collections, among which are:
- P. 1. Names of Members of Parliament for the county and boroughs of the county, 1290-1713, from a Browne Willis MS. (no. 16385?): see also nos. 16627, p. 523, 16628, p. 28
- P. 27. A copy of a survey of the lands formerly belonging to Fotheringhay college, 3 Apr. 1623: cf. p. 61
- P. 35. A copy of some deeds relating to Finstead priory, with a drawing of its seal
- Pp. 45, 382. Copies of some papers relating to Wellingborough and the Croyland abbey lands there
- P. 53. Copies of some deeds relating to Thingdon
- P. 81. A pedigree of the St. Johns of Bletsoe
- P. 89. 'Memorandums of the antiquities of the town of Northampton ... collected by Henry Lee ... 1715.'
- P. 165. Extracts relating to persons and families in the county, often with their arms in trick, largely from MSS. belonging to George Brudenell 3rd earl of Cardigan (including some (p. 232) relating to Deene), and to Augustus Vincent
Indexes of places and persons follow.
- Creation: Written in about 1720
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Top. Northants c. 9
Bridges' Northamptonshire MSS. I. 9
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 16626
12 3/4 × 8 1/2 in.