Chronicles and documents connected with the Monastery of St. Swithin at Winchester, Written in the first half of the 17th century
Chronicles and documents connected with the Monastery of St. Swithin at Winchester, 'Chronica Cenobij Si Swithini Winton.', in Latin, the chief being:
- Fol. 4. A short history of the monastery: beg. 'Britannia semper in Fide Christi remansit.'
- Fol. 5. 'Liber Historialis et Antiquitatum domus sancti Swithuni Wintoniæ, Johannis Exceter, ejusdem loci Commonachi, proprijs manibus descriptus anno ... 1531.'
- Fol. 12. A short chronicle of the kings of England from Egbert to Hen. VI, with their donations to the monastery: 'hæc Wilhelmus Woddeson propria ejus manu scripsit.' Then follow copies of deeds and short pieces.
- Fol. 28v. A short chronicle of England and of the monastery from Lucius to Hen. VI: beg. 'Futuræ resurrectionis fælicem.'
- Creation: Written in the first half of the 17th century
Language of Materials
MS. Jones 4
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 8911
- A fuller account will be found in Nasmyth's printed catalogue of the C. C. C. MSS.
12 3/4 × 8 1/4 in.