Songs for single voices with music, Written about 1841-1858 by mrs. Edw. Nicholson
Songs for single voices with music, written out by the donor's mother, Emily Wall, afterwards mrs. Edward Nicholson. The following are among the composers:
- Barnett, John ('Up! To the forest', fol. 60).
- Bellini, Vincenzo ('Do not mingle', fol. 33).
- Bishop, Sir Henry Rowley ('My native hills', fol. 9v).
- Glover, Charles W. ('Jeannette and Jeannot', fol. 41).
- Glover, Stephen ('I love the merry sunshine', fol. 72).
- Hawes, Maria Billington ('Oh! Call me not unkind, Robin', fol. 45v).
- Haydn, Franz Joseph ('My mother bids me bind my hair', fol. 13v).
- Horn, Charles Edw. ('Kathleen O'More', fol. 14v).
- Lee, George Alexander ('I'll be no submissive wife', 'In my own sweet native vale', and 'The poor little Savoyard', sung by mrs. Waglett in The Wandering Boys, fols. 3, 7v, 62v).
- Nathan, Isaac ('Why are you wandering?' fol. 5).
- Parry, John ('Smile again, my bonnie lassie', and 'Norah', the latter sung by John Parry junior, fols. 9, 16v).
- Rossini, Gioacchino ('Non più mesta' from Cinderella, fol. 29).
- Creation: Written about 1841-1858 by mrs. Edw. Nicholson
Language of Materials
MS. Mus. c. 44
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, no. 36173
12 1/2 × 10 in.