Songs for single voices with music, Written about 1841-1858 by mrs. Edw. Nicholson
MS. Mus. c. 44
Songs for single voices with music, written out by the donor's mother, Emily Wall, afterwards mrs. Edward Nicholson. The following are among the composers:
- Barnett, John ('Up! To the forest', fol. 60).
- Bellini, Vincenzo ('Do not mingle', fol. 33).
- Bishop, Sir Henry Rowley ('My native hills', fol. 9v).
- Glover, Charles W. ('Jeannette and Jeannot', fol. 41).
- Glover, Stephen ('I love the merry sunshine', fol. 72).
- Hawes, Maria Billington ('Oh! Call me not unkind, Robin', fol. 45v).
- Haydn, Franz Joseph ('My mother bids me bind my hair', fol. 13v).
- Horn, Charles Edw. ('Kathleen O'More', fol. 14v).
- Lee, George Alexander ('I'll be no submissive wife', 'In my own sweet native vale', and 'The poor little Savoyard', sung by mrs. Waglett in The Wandering Boys, fols. 3, 7v, 62v).
- Nathan, Isaac ('Why are you wandering?' fol. 5).
- Parry, John ('Smile again, my bonnie lassie', and 'Norah', the latter sung by John Parry junior, fols. 9, 16v).
- Rossini, Gioacchino ('Non più mesta' from Cinderella, fol. 29).
- Written about 1841-1858 by mrs. Edw. Nicholson
Language of Materials
MS. Mus. c. 44
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, no. 36173
12 1/2 × 10 in.