Keltic and Classical Studies by E. W. B. Nicholson, Written about 1878-1909, principally by E. W. B. Nicholson
Keltic and Classical Studies by E. W. B. Nicholson:
- Fol. 1. unfinished paper on 'Taliessin and some of his contemporaries'
- Fol. 9v. Keltic genealogies
- Fol. 18. 'A postscript to the Battle of Raith, and the Origins of Bernicia', printed in the Celtic Review, Jan. 1911
- Fol. '1'. 'Notes on some Fragments of Menander', printed in the Classical Review
- Fol. '43'. some letters, newspaper cuttings, etc., relating to Herondas
- Fol. '65'. Homeric studies, including lithographed copies of the writer's 'Notes of an examination of the metre of the Iliad and Odyssee', 1879, and correspondence relating thereto (fol. '65')
- Manuscript pieces by the writer on 'Differences between the Iliad and Odyssey' (fol. '80')
- 'Some unsuspected Homeric accusatives' (fol. '83'), etc.
(26 and 98 leaves)
This volume was arranged and bound in April, 1913.
- Creation: Written about 1878-1909, principally by E. W. B. Nicholson
Language of Materials
MS. Eng. misc. c. 74
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, no. 36095
13 1/2 × 9 in.