'French and English', a play in two acts by E. W. B. Nicholson, Written in 1883-1904
'French and English', a play in two acts by E. W. B. Nicholson, viz.:
- Author's draft (fol. 3)
- Fair copies (fol. 36)
- Corrected proofs (fol. 85)
- Letters from theatre managers declining the play (fol. 138)
- An unpublished essay by Mr. Nicholson entitled 'The Plaint of a Playwright' (fol. 192)
- A draft of the same (fol. 200)
- Creation: Written in 1883-1904
Language of Materials
MS. Eng. misc. c. 62
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, no. 36084
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Presented by mrs. E. W. B. Nicholson, Oct. 12, 1912, not being included in the bequest.
13 3/4 × 9 1/8 in.