Letters from the rev. William Cole, F.S.A., written in A.D. 1747-1782, by W. Cole, etc.
Letters from the rev. William Cole, F.S.A., 1747-82, including:
- one to Browne Willis, Jan. 17, 1746/7 (fol. 9);
- one to Zachary Grey, Dec. 4, 1747 (fol. 13);
- twelve to A. C. Ducarel, 1751-62 (fol. 14);
- one to R. Farmer, April 19, 1767 (fol. 48);
- twenty-nine to Richard Gough, 1772-82 (fol. 52), with one reply, Dec. 20, 1780 (fol. 82);
- one to M. Lort, July 2, 1781 (fol. 108);
- seven to J. Nichols, 1781-2 (fol. 103, cf. 1331.
At fol. 142 are some lists of charters and deeds in the Cottonian collection at the British Museum, with index, of about A.D. 1720-30 (?).
- Creation: written in A.D. 1747-1782, by W. Cole, etc.
Language of Materials
MS. Top. gen. c. 9
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 25526.
Lot 1110 in the Gough Nichols sale, 1874.
Gough Nichols coll. vol. no. 17 (from 1874 to about 1884).
13 1/2 × 9 1/8 in.