'Tracts etc. translated by Mrs Elizab: Elstob ...', Written in 1710 etc. by E. Elstob
MS. Ballard 67
'Tracts etc. translated by Mrs Elizab: Elstob ...', among which are:
- Fol. 3. Extracts from a Martyrology 'xii Kal. Decembr. Passio Sancti Eadmundi regis et martyris': beg. 'Sum swytðe gelæred munuc'; (fol. 11) 'Non. Ag. Natale sancti Oswaldi regis et martyris': beg. 'Æfte San ðe Augustinus to Engla lande becom.' See MS. Ballard 58, art. 2. c.
- Fol. 19. 'De infantibus', beg. 'We biddaþ eow, men, & beodaþ': see MS. Ballard 58, art. 2. d.
- Fol. 23. 'In optatissimum adventum Georgij Domini Regisserenissimi', a poem in Old English by William Elstob: beg. 'Nu is hit me to receanne.'
- Fol. 29. 'To make such Coloured and Gilded Letters, as are to be seen frequently in old MSS. Transcribed out of an antient Manuscript in Biblioth: Covent. Clas: 2. lib. 5. Humfrey Wanley March 23. 1690/1. Elizabeth Elstob Aug: 9th 1710': beg. 'How thowe shalt temper colourys.'
Ballard has transcribed a few Old English deeds, etc., in 1752, at fol. 41.
- Written in 1710 etc. by E. Elstob
Language of Materials
MS. Ballard 67
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10853
8 3/4 × 6 7/8 in.