'Tracts etc. translated by Mrs Elizab: Elstob ...', Written in 1710 etc. by E. Elstob
MS. Ballard 67
'Tracts etc. translated by Mrs Elizab: Elstob ...', among which are:
- Fol. 3. Extracts from a Martyrology 'xii Kal. Decembr. Passio Sancti Eadmundi regis et martyris': beg. 'Sum swytðe gelæred munuc'; (fol. 11) 'Non. Ag. Natale sancti Oswaldi regis et martyris': beg. 'Æfte San ðe Augustinus to Engla lande becom.' See MS. Ballard 58, art. 2. c.
- Fol. 19. 'De infantibus', beg. 'We biddaþ eow, men, & beodaþ': see MS. Ballard 58, art. 2. d.
- Fol. 23. 'In optatissimum adventum Georgij Domini Regisserenissimi', a poem in Old English by William Elstob: beg. 'Nu is hit me to receanne.'
- Fol. 29. 'To make such Coloured and Gilded Letters, as are to be seen frequently in old MSS. Transcribed out of an antient Manuscript in Biblioth: Covent. Clas: 2. lib. 5. Humfrey Wanley March 23. 1690/1. Elizabeth Elstob Aug: 9th 1710': beg. 'How thowe shalt temper colourys.'
Ballard has transcribed a few Old English deeds, etc., in 1752, at fol. 41.
- Written in 1710 etc. by E. Elstob
Language of Materials
- English, Old (ca.450-1100)
Conditions Governing Access
This material is fragile. To ensure its availability to future readers, access to this material is restricted. Readers are asked to work from reproductions and published descriptions as far as possible. To apply to see the original, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the subject of your research, the importance of this material to that research, and the resources you have already consulted. Please also tell us about the timeframe for your project, if any, and when you hope to visit.
MS. Ballard 67
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10853
8 3/4 × 6 7/8 in.