Extracts chiefly from MSS. at Bodley, Written about 1620-1638 by Richard James
MS. James 11
Extracts chiefly from MSS. at Bodley, of which the more important are:
- P. 2. 'leges Longobardorum' in no. 1236
- P. 9. excerpts to 1268 from the last chronicle in no. 2619, followed by shorter extracts from nos. 2376 (p. 34), 2122 (p. 38), 2454 (p. 40)
- P. 57. passages from the book of hunting called 'the Master of Game', a work dedicated to Henry v by Henry iv's master of the game, from Cott. MS. Vesp. B. xii in the British Museum, and excerpts from nos. 2413 (p. 60), 2400 (p. 64), 2963 (p. 75), 2216 (p. 80), 2311 (p. 88)
- P. 97. notes from the 'liber de situ et possessionibus ecclesie Belli, Coll. Magd.', apparently from the MS. now in the British Museum (Cott. MS. Dom. A. ii) edited in 1851 as 'Chronicon monasterii de Bello' by J.S. Brewer for the Anglia Christiana Society
- P. 114. notes from a Polychronicon at Balliol college (no. 235 or 236), and (p. 130) from the letters of Leonardo Bruni, also at Balliol (no. 310), followed by passages from works of Filelfo in MS. Balliol 137, fol. 1 (p. 144)
- P. 149. further notes from Bede and William of Malmesbury in no. 2619, notes from Marianus Scotus 'MS. Bib. Bod.' (p. 175), and Boston of Bury 'MS. Reg. Bib.' but not now known to be in the Royal Library (p. 195)
There is a longer list of contents, not by James, on p. v.
- Written about 1620-1638 by Richard James
Language of Materials
MS. James 11
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol II no. 3848
8 3/10 × 6 2/5 in.