Extracts by James chiefly from manuscripts in the possession of [Thomas Howard] earl of Arundel, Written about 1628-1634 by Richard James
MS. James 7
Held at the Weston Library
Extracts by James chiefly from manuscripts in the possession of [Thomas Howard] earl of Arundel, of which the more important sections are from:
- P. 3. the register of Clerkenwell priory, now Cott. MS. Faust. B. ii
- The life of st. Thomas of Canterbury, by Edmund Grime, now MS. Arundel 27 in the British Museum (p. 8)
- Notes from a (?) St. Alban's chronicle which extended to 1287 (p. 19)
- Walter of Coventry, as printed in the Rolls Series, ii. 259 (p. 23)
- A chronicle to 1357, now MS. vi in the College of Arms, and another MS. now xxxviii in the College of Arms, formerly belonging to St. Stephen's, Caen (p. 36)
- The register of Haymo bishop of Rochester 1319-52 (p. 40)
- The chronicle of John of Everesden, now MS. xxx in the College of Arms (p. 48) and that of John of London, to 1322 (p. 74)
- There are also excerpts from the Pipe Rolls temp. Hen. ii-iii (pp. 93, 124), and from a register of St. Paul's, London (p. 120) beginning 'in tempore Wlmanni decani reddiderunt ista maneria'
- Written about 1628-1634 by Richard James
Language of Materials
MS. James 7
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol II no. 3844
For the date 1628 see p. 88.
9 × 7 1/5 in.