Correspondence of miss Pigott with publishers relative to her works, written in 1832-1845
Comprises the following correspondence:
- (fol. 1) 1832-1840, about the Private Correspondence of a Woman of Fashion, 2 vols. (Lond. 1832, 8°), anonymous; including the agreement dated May 16, 1832, and letters of Richard Bentley
- (fols. 20, 33) 1839-40, about the Records of Real Life, 3 vols. (Lond. 1839, 8°), including the agreement dated July 5, 1839
- (fol. 24) 1839-40, about the Pilgrimage from Fontainbleau to Scotland in the Metropolitan of those years
- (fol. 57) 1844-45, about the Three Springs of Beauty, a Legend of the Cyclades, including the agreement dated May 28, 1844: with a few other papers.
The letters are not always cordial.
- Creation: written in 1832-1845
Language of Materials
MS. Pigott d. 3
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 23454
10 1/2 × 9 3/8 in.