Astronomical tables, Written in England, probably in 1436
Astronomical tables, including:
- Fol. 1. a lunar calendar for four cycles
- Fol. 4. leap years from 1367 to 1507
- Fol. 4v. eclipses from 1387 to 1462 (in which April 1436 is marked with a red cross)
- Canons for the table, for urine (fol. 5), phlebotomy (fol. 5v, cf. fol. 10), and nativities (fol. 6)
- Fol. 7. table with movable circles of parchment to show the longitude and phases of the moon at a given age, and diagrams of the influence of the signs of the zodiac and (fol. 7v) of urinary states
- Fol. 8. canon and tables of lunar eclipses from 1392 to 1462
- Creation: Written in England, probably in 1436
Language of Materials
MS. Savile 39
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 6585
On fol. 6v is 'Liber Willelmi Snawdun' (16th cent.).
On parchment, with coloured diagrams
12 1/10 × 8 1/2 in.