Catalogues by Henry Ferrers of Badsby in Warwickshire, Written in the 16th century by John Stow, Henry Ferrers of Badsby, and Robert Glover
MS. Dugdale 38
Held at the Weston Library
Catalogues by Henry Ferrers of Badsby in Warwickshire, chiefly of the summonses of barons to Parliament:
- Fol. 1. alphabetical index of barons, with the floruit of each
- Fol. 35. 'Errors and oversights escaped in the book of the Nobilitie gyven to the Queen's magestie1572', beg. 'Clito a Saxon erle of Winchester'
- Fol. 39. collections for a baronage arranged by reigns
- Fol. 90. 'Summonitiones baronum ad parliamentum' 1295-1470, followed by a second list to 1483 (fol. 111) and a third (fol. 134)
- Fol. 158. 'primae appellationes baronum' temp. Ed. i to Eliz.
- Fol. 195. historical notes of the office of Lord High Steward of England, in the hand of John Stow
- Fol. 236. an extract from a Latin roll of services due at the coronation of Henry iv
- Fol. 243. 'The ordering and placing of all estates according to their degrees', beg. 'a duke to goe according to his auncientie and creacion'
- Fol. 250. 'A coppye of the president of the most honourable order of the garter' and other heraldic notes, by Robert Glover, Somerset Herald
(Fols. 21-34 are blank)
- Written in the 16th century by John Stow, Henry Ferrers of Badsby, and Robert Glover
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Dugdale 38
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 6526
Fols. 195-230, by John Stow, were originally a separate volume. The outer cover is labelled 'Barons'.
13 × 8 3/4 in.