'Papers to be made use of for a third volume of the Councills, or History of the Reformation', Written for the most part in the 3rd quarter of the 17th century by Sir William Dugdale and others
MS. Dugdale 32
'Papers to be made use of for a third volume of the Councills, or History of the Reformation', including:
- Fol. 2. notes from acts of Parliament, (fol. 8) patent rolls, and (fol. 10) lists of visitation articles and proclamations contained in the Hatton MSS.
- Fol. 14. an undated admonitory letter from the king to a bishop (1534-6), and a letter from king Henry viii (Greenwich, April 7) to Sir William Fielding, to furnish 'ten hable persons' for naval service, followed by a letter from Sir William Fielding to the earl of Southampton concerning the same (fol. 15)
- Fol. 16a. 'Articles whereupon presentments were made temp. E. VI.', beg. 'First that all parsons, vicars, and curats', printed in Wilkins, Concilia, iv. 32, and (fol. 16b) 'Iniunctions geven to the cathedrall church of Hereford' by the bishop of Worcester as commissioner to cardinal Reginald Pole and others (1556), printed in W. H. Frere, Visitation Articles and Injunctions, ii. 392
- Fol. 18. letter from the archbishop of Canterbury to a member of the Privy Council in support of Sir Francis Drake's proposal to follow up the defeat of the Armada (Nov. 4, 1588)
- Fol. 20. 'Commission for executing ecclesiastical jurisdiction, and for putting in execution the act for uniformity of Common Prayer ... (1 Jac.)
- Fol. 32. 'The archbishop of Canterbury's letter concerning pluralities and non-residing and reforming apparell in the clergy' (July 29, 1610)
- Fol. 34. 'An order sett downe for the translating of the Bible', printed in Wilkins, Concilia, iv. 432
- Fol. 36. 'Directions for preachers, August 1622', for printed versions of which see fol. 47 (1642) and Wilkins, Concilia, iv. 465
These papers are in divers secretarial hands, with some headings and annotations by Dugdale.
- Written for the most part in the 3rd quarter of the 17th century by Sir William Dugdale and others
Language of Materials
MS. Dugdale 32
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 6522
12 1/2 × 8 1/5 in.