Miscellaneous historical and heraldic collections, Written after 1664 by Sir William Dugdale
Miscellaneous historical and heraldic collections from:
- P. 1. close rolls 14 John-9 Hen. iv
- P. 17. Bodleian MSS. Bodl. 648 and (p. 43) Digby 11
- P. 49. notes from Camden's annals, 1603-23, to which there is an index in MS. Dugdale 37
- P. 133. 'Of knights and matters incident to the degree of knighthood, according to the laws of England', and 'a proclamation [by king James] for registering of knights' (p. 153)
- P. 156. creations of knights, 1509-1664, from volumes marked 'L. 12', 'M. 9', and 'I. 7' in the College of Arms
- P. 299. 'Knights of the Bath: the ceremony of their creation, April 18, 1661', beg. 'Those who were to receive the order'
- P. 303. abstracts of patents for the creation of nobles by Charles i and (p. 397) Charles II
- Creation: Written after 1664 by Sir William Dugdale
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Dugdale 25
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 6515
12 1/5 × 8 in.