Extracts from public records and heraldic notes, Written in the later 17th century by Sir William Dugdale
MS. Dugdale 22
Extracts from public records and heraldic notes:
- Fol. 1. summonses to Parliament, from the close rolls 49 Hen. iii-20 Ed. ii, followed by copies of writs of summonses for military service, 7 Hen. vi
- Fol. 41. excerpts, 1066-1272, from a Cotton MS. entitled 'Annales a nativitate Christi ad annum 1272, incerto auctore', beg. 'anno ab incarnatione domini 1066 Willelmus dux Normannorum contractus a partibus transmarinis'
- Fol. 47. short lives of the founders of monastic orders, beginning with st. John the Baptist
- Fol. 51. 'Divers particulars relating unto each respective degree of honour from a gentleman upwards: as also of titles, attributes, ensignes of honour, sealing of charters, dates of deeds etc., precedency, and surnames'
- Fol. 79v. three concurrent lists of sheriffs and those to whom castles were committed, 34 Hen. iii -22 Ed. iv, 47 Hen. iii to 31 Ed. iii (fol. 173v) and to 22 Ed. i (fol. 197)
- Followed by extracts from close (fols. 209, 222) and patent rolls (fols. 217-34), 13th-17th centt., and Parliament rolls, 14th-15th centt. (fol. 345)
- Written in the later 17th century by Sir William Dugdale
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Dugdale 22
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 6512
12 3/5 × 8 in.