Copies of charters and genealogical notes from documents in private archives, Written about 1635-1650 by Sir William Dugdale
Copies of charters and genealogical notes from documents in private archives, primarily concerning Warwickshire families, including excerpts from:
- P. 1. evidences of Robert Catesby, traitor, in the Exchequer
- P. 7. documents once in Stafford Castle but at that time (1638) in the custody of Sir William Howard, kt., concerning the Lalleford family, and a register of the lands of Ralph Basset of Drayton, followed (p. 18) by copies of deeds and brief pedigrees from various sources (p. 11)
- P. 56. 'Ex quodam libro de abstractis cartarum per Samps: Erdswick quondam de Sandon in com. Staff. defuncti [sic] et modo penes dominum Symonds D'Ewes de Stonehall in com. Staff, militem'
- P. 62. family evidences of Sir William Howard, Henry Doughty, vicar of Meriden, Sir Simon Archer of Tamworth (pp. 66, 68), William Noell of Langdon Hall (p. 67), Sir Edward Peyton of Chesterton (p. 70), and others
- P. 73. evidences of Sir Francis Nethersole of Polesworth
- Pp. 77, 118. deeds of William Burton of Lindley, co. Leics., esq., including (p. 122) a charter of Henry ii, and (p. 79) Walter Chetwynd of Goudon, co. Warwick
- P. 83. notes from 12th-and 13th-cent. pipe rolls
- P. 88. a bull of Innocent [iv] 'ex parte siquidem', given at Lyons, Id. Aug. Pont. 6
- P. 89. pedigree of the Clopton family; c. 1280-1522, from a register in the possession of Thomas Clopton, esq., of Clopton, co. Warwick (cf. MS. Dugdale 13)
- P. 91. from a chartulary of the manor of Acoure [Okeover] with pedigree of the Okeover family, penes John Vincent of Castor, co. Northants., son of Augustine Vincent, with brief notes, chiefly from public records
- P. 106. a terrier ('temp. Ric. 2 ut videtur') of Combe abbey, penes Abraham Bowne of Coventry
- P. 115. Clopton family chartulary, in the possession of William Dudley of Northants., esq.
- P. 129. charters of Henry Beaufort of Emscote, co. Warwick, esq. (Mandeville and S. Valery fee, co. Oxon.)
- Pp. 131, 225, 230. deeds of Richard Dalby of Brockhampton, esq., concerning his family, including a 15th-cent. obituary roll
- P. 132. 'Exposiciones vocabulorum exoticorum ex rotulo placitarum in itinere apud Cestriam coram Thoma Keble servienti domini principis ad legem, justiciarii... itinerantis ... xiiii Henrici vii exemptae'
- P. 136. notes from Sir Simon Archer's archives concerning the family of Ullenhall of Monkspath and (p. 142) the Catesby family
- P. 148. archives of Robert Throgmorton of Coughton, esq., co. Warwick, for which see also MS. Dugdale 13, including a bull of pope Alexander iv, beg. 'Nobilis vir Rogerus Durvasall', dated at Viterbo, 2 id. Martii
- P. 153. miscellaneous deeds of Sir Symonds D'Ewes
- P. 157. a bag of Bordesley abbey deeds, in the court of Augmentations
- P. 160. the register of Lewes priory, penes John Selden, esq., and the Binham register penes Sir Thomas Widdrington of York
- P. 163. notes from the account rolls in Dugdale's possession of the Receivers general of the estates of the earls of Warwick, 14 Ric. ii-38 Hen. vi, followed by notes chiefly from the patent rolls Ric. iii-Hen. viii; at fol. 193 are abstracts of four deeds in the office of Arms and at p. 196 copies of deeds in Samuel Roper's possession relating to Sewell fitz Fulcher (p. 168)
- P. 199. deeds of Sir Thomas Lucy of Charlecote and (p. 209) the letter of Juliana Tresgoz to her brother Thomas de Cantilupe, bishop of Hereford
- P. 211. the Furness register written by John Stell (1412), now Add. MS. 33244 in the British Museum
- P. 216. deeds of the Rous family penes Sir Thomas Rous, bart., of Lerch-Randolfe, co. Worcs.
- P. 222. a register touching lands of Thomas Fisher of Warwick, esq., penes Sir Simon Archer, one of the executors of Sir Thomas Puckering, bart., with other short extracts, and (p. 233) a charter of Henry ii from the Burton abbey chartulary in the possession of lord Paget, printed in abstract by the William Salt Archaeological Society (vol. v)
- P. 235. notes concerning the family of Shuckburgh of Napton, from 13th- to 16th-cent. deeds of Richard Shuckburgh
- P. 237. deeds of Sir Brian I'anson of Ashby St. Ledgers, co. Northants.
- P. 237. the registers of Burton-on-Trent, (p. 244) copies of 13th-cent. inquisitiones in the possession of John Vincent of Uffington, and (p. 259) the Erdington family register, in the possession of Sir Thomas Holt, bart., of Aston by Birmingham, and (p. 271) a register in the same hands relating to the manor of Aston
- P. 281. a narrative genealogy of the Carrington family from copies penes William Smyth of Cressing Temple, co. Essex, esq., and Sir Charles Smith of Wootton and Ashby Folville, cos. Warwick and Leics., beg. 'Sir William Carington whose grandSir e or bel Sir e ycleped was Sir Michael Carington'
- P. 290. 12th-15th-cent. deeds, lent to Dugdale by Robert, lord Bruce, concerning the earls of Warwick. A modern index nominum is on p. 301
- Creation: Written about 1635-1650 by Sir William Dugdale
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Dugdale 15
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 6505
11 4/5 × 7 3/10 in.