Copies (some facsimile) of deeds, with sketches of seals, relating to Warwickshire, Written about 1636-1654 by Sir William Dugdale
MS. Dugdale 13
Copies (some facsimile) of deeds, with sketches of seals, relating to Warwickshire, arranged alphabetically under vills, chiefly from Dugdale's transcripts of his work (1632-54) in private archives, amongst which the following are prominent:
- Sir Simon Archer of Tamworth
- William Sheldon of Beoly, co. Worcs.
- William Poulet of Cobles, co. Wilts. esq.
- Sir William Howard, kt.
- Simon Mountfort of Bescote, co. Staffs., esq.
- Edward Peyto of Chesterton, esq.
- Sir Christopher Hatton's collection
The Office of arms and the evidences of Robert Catesby, traitor, in the Exchequer, are frequently used. There are also extracts (pp. 8, 529) from the chartulary of Burton-on-Trent, for which see MS. Dugdale 11, and from the following MSS. which are not now known to exist:
- The register of Lilleshall priory in Shropshire, in the possession of Sir Richard Leveson (p. 183)
- The chartulary of Darley abbey in Derbyshire from excerpts taken by John Langley, gent., of Staffordshire (pp. 121, 169)
- The 14th-cent. customary of Sutton Colefield penes Robert Arden of Park Hall (p. 419)
- Written about 1636-1654 by Sir William Dugdale
Language of Materials
In Latin, etc.
MS. Dugdale 13
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 6503
11 7/10 × 7 3/5 in.